** Current Executive Board members are not eligible to receive the Leadership Excellence Award.
The City of the Year competition is open to any North Dakota city. Awards will be given for one large city and one small city each year.
When judging applications, the selection committee will consider the following:
- How well did the program/project achieve its goals? Be sure to clearly state your objectives and accomplishments.
- How well did the city use its resources? Talk about your budget, any grants you received, and highlight any person-power behind your project.
- What is the program/project’s current and long-term community value? Did your program/project have community support?
- Can other cities learn from this program/project and adapt your ideas to their city?
The City of the Year Award will be presented at the NDLC Annual Conference on Saturday, September 18, 2021, during lunch.
Winners will receive statewide recognition and other benefits:
- Featured in a news release sent to North Dakota media outlets
- Recognized at the Awards Lunch at the NDLC Annual Conference
- Given four complimentary tickets to the Awards Lunch
- Publicized in CITYScan and posted on the NDLC web site.
- Presented with an award that can be displayed at the city office
- Provided the opportunity to purchase a road sign with the City of the Year logo on it
- Opportunity to use the City of the Year logo in printed publications and on city web site
Contact the League office at 701-223-3518 with questions.